Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bryce Canyon Adventure

Spring Break is finally here!! To celebrate Jeff and I both took a day off work to spend some real time together. We decided to explore the beauties that are in our own backyard--Bryce Canyon. It is only an hour and a half drive from Cedar City; how lucky are we to live so close? Living so close to the national parks (Zion, Bryce, the Grand Canyon, Kolob) we forget what majestic beauty they hold. They are one of God's amazing creations for us to enjoy, yet how often do we actually take the time to see them? People travel from all over the world to visit these places that we sometimes don't fully appreciate.


We did the "Best 3 Mile Hike in the World" or the Queens Garden Trail/Navajo Loop. The trail takes you about 400 feet down into the canyons, winds you through the bottom for a while, takes you through Wall Street, and then brings you back up again. It was a beautiful day with blue skies and the perfect temperature.
Below are some of the many many pictures we took.


6 comments:

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

I'm so glad you got a day off and visited Bryce Canyon. You need to take us on that hike. Everytime we've been at Bryce it has been bitter cold and we haven't had time to do anything but stop and overlook the canyon. Love Mom

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

That looked like so much fun, I can't wait to come down and do some hiking with you guys.

HDVB said...

Majestic beauty is right! You guys are most definitely blessed! Next time we're in Utah you'll have to take us on a hike! :)

Kenzie said...

How fun!! You guys look great in your sunglasses! :)

HDVB said...

I agree. There are so many amazing things right outside your backdoor in Utah. Sometimes you don't realize how great it is until you leave. Great pictures. Miss you guys.
-Daniel.

Shelbie said...

Carly, I found your blog from keileys! I did not know that you got married , congrats!! You guys look like your having so much fun. e mail me your e mail and I will invite you to my blog!
shelbiechino@gmail.com