Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Christmas Tree Adventure

With this being our first Christmas together we really wanted to make it special. We decided to cut down our own tree and make an adventure out of it. We got all bundled up, borrowed Jarad's truck, borrowed Grandpa Rock's chain saw and headed out to Kanarraville to hunt down the perfect tree.
After searching for only 20 minutes or so, Jeff spotted it--our perfect tree.



After Jeff got the chainsaw all warmed up I cut down the tree :)


Just Kidding!! Jeff did all the cutting down and trimming once we got home.
What we didn't realize about the tree, while trimming the trunk so it fit in our living room, is that the branches grow up and not out. When we cut the tree to the perfect height, we noticed the bottom was pretty bare because all those branches were growing out of the bottom of the trunk which we cut off. But no worries, it still looks great. Just more room for presents underneath right?



On our way home, we stopped at WalMart to buy some lights so we could decorate the tree that night. Once we got home and I opened the lights to put them on the tree, I realized that only half of one strand worked and the other strand didn't work at all. Neither one of us wanted to go back to WalMart that night so we had to wait until the next day to decorate.
The next morning I took the lights back to WalMart and got a different box. I made the mistake of not checking to make sure these lights worked before I left the store. Lo and behold, when I got home only one strand worked. Once again, we had to go back to WalMart. This time I sent Jeff and made sure he had them check both strands before he brought them home.
So after 3 boxes of lights and 3 trips to WalMart and only having the tree fall over twice, we were able to decorate!!

4 comments:

MadDog said...

Hey Carly,
Your blog is great! Happy late Birthday, and Merry first Christmas. It looks like it will be one to remember:) Those Rock boys are sure handy with power tools and guitars:)
Manda

Kenzie said...

I am so glad you have a blog!!! It looks great by the way!! Love the pictures! It looks like fun with the real christmas tree! Miss ya!

rockstars said...

I was impressed that you cut down the tree with the chain saw. Your tree looks great. You two have dedication making that many trips to Wal-Mart especially at this time of year.
Your blog is fun.

HDVB said...

We are so glad you have a blog now! This is the only way we keep up with everyone. See you guys next week.
-Daniel.