Sunday was a once in a lifetime opportunity. A solar eclipse took place in good ol' Southern Utah. The best viewing spot was in Kannaraville, a small town of 300 people between Cedar City and St. George. That town had never seen so many people! Luckily my brother-in-law grew up there and his family still lives there so we didn't have to fight the crowds of out-of-towners for a good viewing spot, we watched the eclipse from Thayne's parents' backyard. It was pretty amazing to see. I was expecting it to get a lot darker than it did, but there was still plenty of light. Here's some fun pics of our night.
Check out our sweet Eclipse Glasses. I thought these were just a big ploy to make money, but you really did have to wear them to look at the sun.
I wanna look too mom!
See the shadow on us? These were the shadows that were coming through the trees. We thought it was pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment