Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Week Update

Whew! Time sure does fly! I can't believe we only have 9 weeks left until my due date. All is still well with the pregnancy. Owen is a very active little boy and is definitely running out of room. He favors my right side, and especially enjoys getting under my rib cage, which is very uncomfortable.

I think he's finally figured out that Jeff is ok because he will respond to his voice and doesn't stop kicking when Jeff places his hands on my belly. Unfortunately I can't say the same for anyone else. As soon as any other family member/friend places their hand on my stomach he immediately stops moving and will not budge until the hand is removed. What a stubborn little bugger.

I am getting a little uncomfortable as Owen gets bigger, but it's not too bad. Getting comfortable on the couch and in bed is sometimes a challenge though. Last week at my 30 week appointment everything still looked great and my belly was measuring 29 1/2 cm which means Owen is not getting too big. He is now 3-3 1/2 lbs and growing steadily each week.

I always heard stories about strangers just walking up to pregnant ladies and rubbing their bellies, and luckily I've only had it happen once. I was a little creeped out because I was at work and it was a middle-aged guy, but I know that he didn't mean anything by it, he was just being overly friendly.

Nothing else is really happening in our lives right now. I would post some pictures of our most recent trip to Northern Utah, but our card reader has decided to stop working. We got to stay the weekend at Snowbird with my family and had a great time. We even had snow while we were there!

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

I am so excited for you. I hope you don't get too uncomfortable! Let me know if I can do anything for you even if I am clear up here in Ogden. :)