Our first stop was at Lombard Street, or in the words of Jeff: the Squiggly Road.
I could have taken pictures of the amazing architecture throughout the city all day long! Here's just a few of the homes along Lombard Street, also down as the Russian District. 




Next Stop: The Golden Gate Bridge. We walked the 1.7 miles from one end to the other. What a fascinating and gigantic structure. We even got to see some sea lions and dolphins playing in the ocean along the way.
After our traipse across the Golden Gate, we stopped by the wharf for some authentic San Franciscan food at the Pier. I had clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl and Jeff got some fish n' chips. Delicious!
Our next adventure: Alcatraz! This was the one thing that Jeff absolutely had to see, even if he saw nothing else. It's a short 12 minute boat ride to the island and then audio tours are provided to explore the prison.
Little known fact (at least I was surprised by it), Alcatraz was occupied by Native Americans for 19 months after the prison was shut down. They wanted to remind the those who entered the bay that this was their land first. Unfortunately they graffitied parts of the building. 
HELP!
The Cable Car took us right into China Town! My favorite part of the day! I could have stayed here all day. We of course had authentic Chinese food for dinner and did some shopping while here.
I think I got a little too much sun.










1 comment:
When We Were in chinatown, we did some shopping, and at the register there were 2 girls speaking chinease. well i just randomly said "I feel the same way" and both of there mouth's dropped, she asked do you understand us? Because i just told her that i hit the rack over there and feel dizzy. I said i may or may not understand you you never know, (big smile). She asked "do you speak chinease?" I said "i'm part chinease, don't I look chinease?" then she proceeds to get about 2 inches from my face looking at my eyes to see if i'm chinease and I guess i past in her book. hahaha. Then I said i was only kidding.
Post a Comment