About three weeks ago, Jeff came home one night and I asked him where he had been. He said, "Band practice."
"What? Since when have you been in a band?"
"Since today."
Apparently his friend Ed, the band's unofficial manager, called him up and asked if he wanted to be lead vocals and rhythm guitar in a band he'd started. Of course Jeff will never turn down an opportunity to play, so he joined.
When he first told me about it, I didn't expect to be going to their "gig" a week and a half later. They were able to get the gig through SUU somehow. They were one of many performances that were playing at an event to help provide relief for Haiti. The first one was last Wednesday on the SUU campus and the second one was last Saturday in the Lin's Supermarket parking lot.
I was very impressed with how good they sound. They have some great songs, that they wrote themselves, and they play well together, especially since they've only been playing for two weeks.
Here's some highlights from both concerts:
Presenting...THE EXTERNALITIES
This is the one on campus. Jeff is in the green sweater and is singing first.
These are both from the one at Lin's. Jeff is on the left in the light blue shirt.
They already have their next gig scheduled for Monday at 6:00 pm at Parrothead Island Broiler in St. George. This could possibly turn into a standing, paid gig if they do well and people like them. I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to see how it goes!
5 years ago
2 comments:
Make sure to tell Brian when/where his gigs are - we'd love to go cheer him on!
I'll buy a CD
Justin
Post a Comment