I had actually forgotten that yesterday was the actual day it had happened, but as soon as Jeff picked me up from work I remembered! He surprised me with the whole thing! He had packed a small picnic dinner and had even brought me a change of clothes. I wasn't sure where we were going, but quickly caught on. We headed up to beautiful Kolob Canyon, the place he had proposed.
We walked to the exact spot where it had happened and just spent some time there. The best surprise was when our song started playing at roughly the time we think the engagement had happened. Jeff had set up an alarm on his phone for that time and was able to have our song start playing. It was so sweet!!
The sun was setting, the mountains were majestic, and the moment was perfect! Jeff doesn't think he's much of a romantic, but what girl could deny how romantic that is? Both times?
I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful husband. Jeff is my best friend and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I am so grateful for a worthy priesthood holder to be the head of our home and the patriarch of our family.
3 comments:
AHHHHHHH. Good job Jeff!! You have a big thumbs up from the mother-in-law. Thanks for loving Carly!! Love you guys. Mom v
Hey Good Job on your first year!
Glad you got to relive it!
hey carly. I just found your blog off of kenzs! you guys are so cute.
<3 Leslie
Post a Comment