We had our first ultrasound on July 20th and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. To see a little person inside of me, to see the heart beating, the legs kicking, the arms moving, and the fingers wiggling was extraordinary. I can't express in words how I felt watching my son on the screen, and knowing that we created him. Even now as I typed and thought the words, MY SON for the first time, it made me emotional. How lucky and blessed are Jeff and I to have the opportunity to bring a child into this world and be parents, and we are so grateful!
Here's the picture that solidified it all!
The tech made it nice and easy to see with the arrow pointing to the little boy part between the legs. We got the back view, with his bum towards us and luckily his legs weren't crossed.
Here's a profile pic. You can see his two little hands, his ribs, and his spine.
This picture is better in real life, but it's of the hand and arm.
This is the one that stumps me. The blob in the middle is supposed to be his face. His forehead on the right and his chin in shadow on the left. I can kind of pick out the dark spots for his eyes, but after that I'm lost. I don't know how doctors can look at something like this and see a face.
Since it was not my doctor who did the ultrasound, we are meeting with him tomorrow to go over the results. He will let us know if everything is in it's right place, if everything that's supposed to be there is there, and if he's developing properly.
The only bad news (if you can call it bad news) that came of this was that based on the size of the baby, my due date is still the same, Dec. 19th. I was hoping I would be a little further along so that my due date would move up and not be so close to Christmas, but oh well. You can't plan these things right?
6 comments:
You made me emotional reading about you being emotional. It is a marvelous thing isn't it??? So glad you have the opportunity to join the ranks of motherhood!! See ya soon. Love Mom
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO MEET MR. OWEN! Congratulations!!! :) You're going to be incredible parents!
What awesome pictures! I am so excited for you! You will be such a great mother and love every minute of it! :)
I love the profile picture. How fun. Congratulations you two. We are so excited. I just showed the pictures to Emma and she said, "When he grows up I will play with him. I will bring him some toys and share." Can't wait to meet Owen. Love you guys.
So exciting!!!! Can't wait to meet the little guy!
I did an ultrasound on a 14week patient in the emergency department today. I checked the head size, measured the bones in the leg and the heart rate and the whole time I was thinking of you guys and how exciting it must have been for you! It is amazing that we can just take a peek in there and see how things are going! Can't wait till December!!!
Post a Comment