Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Day (Finally)

I finally have some time to sit down and post about our Christmas. We had a great time with family, time off work, sleeping in, and eating nothing but junk food for 5 days straight.

Our Christmas morning started at home with our presents to each other.


This picture was taken minutes before our power went out. Luckily the oven was already preheated and I had just put our "Christmas morning sticky buns" in to bake, so we let them stay in there for a good 30-40 minutes before we even dared open the oven so as not to let the heat escape. We then had to open all the blinds so we could see, and we bundled up even more to stay warm.The highlights of Jeff's gifts were Brian Regan tickets and a new cell phone, while mine were a new phone as well and a CRICUT!! I was so excited to open this gift and was not expecting it. I had only mentioned it once in passing about a month before Christmas and didn't really think Jeff would get it for me, but he definitely surprised me! Special shout out and thanks to Amanda for helping him!!


After presents at home, we drove up to Ogden to be with my family, the whole family. We had everyone together! And that was the best part. Family is and always will be number one for me and Jeff, especially during the holidays. Yes, we love presents, but the best parts of Christmas are celebrating our Savior's birth and being together with family. It was so great to have Daniel and Hannah with us all the way from Ohio! We love you guys!

Of course there were more presents!
Jeff got a foot pounds torque wrench and a Calvin and Hobbes book and I got a new purse and some jewelry. Emma sure knew just what to do this year when she got presents! She loved all the new toys and clothes Grandma got her. Even baby James got some clothes, picked out by Uncle Daniel.
The rest of the day was spent eating a fabulous Christmas dinner prepared by Mom and Grandma Z, playing games, more eating, more games, a nap or two, more food, and of course more games.
All of the following games were played:
NERTS
Sequence!
Five Crowns (my family loved playing it when Jeff and I would bring it that they bought one for Christmas!)
Up and Back
New Moon, the boardgame
Wii Tiger Woods
Wii Tennis
Wii Bowling
Wii Baseball
We're quite the game lovin' family!

The Christmas festivities don't stop there! The next day was the Moore family Christmas party. We had a fabulous dinner and had fun catching up and talking to everyone. We were able to get a couple group pictures in too, but not before some people left.

Here's Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids and great-grandkids that were still there


Monday Mom and I spent the day shopping and hit a lot of the great sales. I mostly bought more scrapbooking supplies to use with my new cricut! I will definitely be posting about all the amazing things this machine can do! I love it!

As all good things must come to an end, we had to leave on Tuesday. We left the Bountiful/Salt Lake area around 2pm and finally made it home by 8pm, 3 hours longer than usual. There was a huge snowstorm across the entire I-15 corridor which we were not expecting. We had been checking the weather all weekend, making sure it wasn't going to snow because we did not want a repeat of the last time we drove home. But somehow news of this snowstorm got past us and we hit it head on. We made it home safe and sound though with nothing to report.

Overall we had a wonderful Christmas yet again, spending time with both families, stuffing ourselves full of Christmas goodies, sleeping in, playing with new gadgets, and staying in our pajamas all day (JEFF!).

2 comments:

Justin & Amanda said...

Hey Glad to see ya'll had a great Christmas, we totally love Psych. We own three seasons of it:)

Rock on!

Amanda

Anne Van Bibber said...

I just noticed Jeff had a proactive box in one of the pictures. Classic!!!
Anne