On Saturday May 2, 2009, and after 4 years of hard work and studying, I officially graduated from Southern Utah University with a Bachelor's of Science degree in Accounting!!


I moved down to Cedar City in 2005 at the young and naive age of 18. I didn't know anyone when I moved here and I was terrified, yet excited. I was extremely lucky to get the best roommates ever! We had a great time living the college life. I was fortunate enough to be able to live with them for three years and they are some of my best friends.


For those of you who don't know, the first time I ever came to Cedar City I was a junior in high school and I was attending the Shakespearen Festival with my parents. My mom suggested SUU as one of the colleges I should look into. I told her: "Mom, I could never go to this school. This town is so small, there's nothing here." Who knew 2 years later I'd be eating my words. I honestly came here because the Lord told me to. I'm sure glad I listended too, or I never would have met Jeffrey! :)

It was a fun and family filled day. My parents, younger siblings, and grandparents all made the trek from Northern Utah to be with me, and Jeff's family joined in too.
The day started out with commencement where President Thomas S. Monson was the keynote speaker. Unfortunately every graduate only got three tickets to commencement so Jeff and my parents were the only ones able to attend.

After commencement was the individual college graduations, where the whole family came and supported me. This is where I walked across the stage and received my fake diploma (actual diplomas are not received until July).
Of course we couldn't get the families together and not have a party, so we had a great BBQ at Jeff's parent's house. Thanks to Janet and Dennis for letting us invade their home and party! We had great food and fun fourwheeling.


I owe a huge thanks to my parents for supporting my in my college endeavors and for helping me get through it! I couldn't have done it without them! Thanks mom and dad!!

I moved down to Cedar City in 2005 at the young and naive age of 18. I didn't know anyone when I moved here and I was terrified, yet excited. I was extremely lucky to get the best roommates ever! We had a great time living the college life. I was fortunate enough to be able to live with them for three years and they are some of my best friends.
For those of you who don't know, the first time I ever came to Cedar City I was a junior in high school and I was attending the Shakespearen Festival with my parents. My mom suggested SUU as one of the colleges I should look into. I told her: "Mom, I could never go to this school. This town is so small, there's nothing here." Who knew 2 years later I'd be eating my words. I honestly came here because the Lord told me to. I'm sure glad I listended too, or I never would have met Jeffrey! :)

It was a fun and family filled day. My parents, younger siblings, and grandparents all made the trek from Northern Utah to be with me, and Jeff's family joined in too.
The day started out with commencement where President Thomas S. Monson was the keynote speaker. Unfortunately every graduate only got three tickets to commencement so Jeff and my parents were the only ones able to attend.
After commencement was the individual college graduations, where the whole family came and supported me. This is where I walked across the stage and received my fake diploma (actual diplomas are not received until July).
Of course we couldn't get the families together and not have a party, so we had a great BBQ at Jeff's parent's house. Thanks to Janet and Dennis for letting us invade their home and party! We had great food and fun fourwheeling.
I owe a huge thanks to my parents for supporting my in my college endeavors and for helping me get through it! I couldn't have done it without them! Thanks mom and dad!!
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS CARLY!
Hannah and I are so happy for you. I bet if feels great to be done.
carly,
congrats that's soooo coool that you're finally done! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!
Amanda:)
Very cute pics Carly!! I'm so proud of you! That really is such a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment