Saturday, January 17, 2009

Church Callings

After only 2 maybe 3 weeks in our new ward Jeff and I both received callings. I am the Beehive Advisor and get to teach the 12 and 13 year old girls every Sunday. For those of you who are thinking, "Wasn't she just beehive not to long ago?" you're not the first to ask and NO! It has been 10 years, an entire DECADE, since I've been a Beehive. This is my first time having a teaching position and I am still pretty nervous. My first lesson seemed to go pretty well, but I was nervous and I think the girls could tell. I've got some great young women though, they are smart, funny, talkative, outgoing, bubbly, and VERY energetic. The first time I met them I thought, was I like that when I was a beehive? I also get to attend mutual activities every Tuesday night too. Our Bishop decided that since I'll be at the church every Tuesday, might as well put Jeff there too, so they called him as 2nd Counselor in the Young Mens Presidency. Jeff gets to teach lessons, plan activities, go on campouts, go to Scout Camp, and do all the crazy things that Young Men do. This calling is great for Jeff because he's still just a kid at heart and loves to do all those crazy things. He's already having a great time and loves the boys in the ward. Right now he has two deacons, which will soon be one deacon next week. We are both really excited about our callings and we hope and pray we can help the youth of our ward become closer to our Savior Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

HDVB said...

Hooray for you two!! That is such a great calling! Sounds like you guys are perfect for the job :)

Kenzie said...

You both will do so well. Carly, those girls are going to love you! You are so smart and such a great roll model! :) Good luck both of you!

HDVB said...

Hey Carly, you might like this blog.
-Daniel.
http://yurmarc.blogspot.com/

michtay said...

Technically Carly, you were a beehive when you were also 13, so that's not a full decade... :) Just kidding. Fun blog! Question though...how did you find me?