Every little thing he does from a sneeze, a yawn, a fart, to his little chin quivering or his tiny little toes is SO CUTE!
But despite how cute he is, not everything has been easy peasy.
When we left the hospital, we both wondered, "How can they just send us home with a baby? We have no idea what we are doing. What if we mess up??" It's amazing how natural everything comes to you though, I almost feel as if a switch was flipped overnight and all of a sudden I'm a Mom!
The first night we brought him home (Christmas Eve) he was extremely fussy and constipated. It wasn't until the wee hours of the morning before any of us got any sleep. He did end up pooping that night, but for the next four days he didn't. We talked with the doctor, who wasn't that concerned and thought that Owen is just one of those babies that doesn't poop for 3-4 days. I was still concerned however, because he was very fussy and it took a lot to calm him down. But on the 4th day...
and he hasn't stopped since.
We've had our sleepless nights: Tuesday night he fed every 1/2 hour it felt like. I couldn't keep him awake long enough to finish.
We've also had great nights: Thursday night he slept 4 hours!
He's had a little bit of collick, but we've got drops that are helping with that.
He's also had some baby acne, but luckily it clears up quickly.
He definitely has a good set of lungs
and he does like to...
(cry loud and rock hard)
He likes his swing, but only if he's already asleep.
What I wish I'd known:
When they say they need to be fed every 2 hours, they start counting from when he starts eating, so if you have a super slow eater like Owen who takes an hour or more sometimes, I only get an hour of rest in-between.
That no matter how confident I am that he's okay, I will always check to make sure he's breathing.
I didn't believe everyone when they said I would be spending some days in bed the entire day, how could someone do that? Now I know how easy that is.
We've already had lots of visitors which has been great.
Grandmas & Grandpas, Aunts & Uncles, Cousins, Great Grandma & Grandpa, and lots of friends. Thank you for stopping by, you helped me feel like I still have a life and a reason to get dressed!
It has been especially fun to watch Jeff step into his role as Daddy. From the first moment he held Owen he knew what he was doing. He loves to hold him, talk to him, dress him, and even change his diapers (I know this one will change soon, but for now I'm lovin' it!). He takes such good care of both me and Owen. He really is my rock and keeps me going each day. What a blessing it has been to have him home so much too!
I can't express in words how much I love my little boy. We are extremely grateful to our Heavenly Father who entrusted us with one of his most special spirits.






3 comments:
Love the update. Can't wait to see him again. He is so cute. Love ya. Laura
Daniel and I were SO happy that we were able to see you and that adorable little Owen!!! I'm SO glad he finally pooped! The picture with the onesie that said "iPood" made us laugh! You two are such cute parents - can't wait to see you again!
Congratulations!! Brian and I just read over the posts. Loved the pictures! And I can totally relate with the feeling leaving the hospital of - "how can they just let us leave with this baby?!!" But it sounds like you guys are doing awesome!! I love the name too.
Post a Comment