Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines Project

After I took down my Christmas decorations my living room felt so empty...and so it sat empty for most of January. I could not recall how I had decorated prior to the Halloween and Thanksgiving season. So I gave up and moved on to Valentines Day, not that that really helped. I have one lone Valentine decoration, which I ended up not really using, it's just sitting here waiting for inspiration to hit. Meanwhile I put this together
Not really Valentines, but I think it works for what I have.

But I still wanted something that really represented Valentine's day so I made this:


Jeff's had a two by four laying around for a couple years and I finally found a use for it. I had him cut me two pieces that I sanded and spray painted. The rest is just scrapbook paper and I used my awesome Cricut machine to cut out the letters and hearts. Super easy and it turned out pretty cute. I'm not sure that I love the font, and I might change it, but overall it works for what I was wanting.  I put it up with my handy dandy candles and it works great! (Side note: candles are so easy - just scrapbook paper that changes with the seasons! love them :)



Only now do I notice the ugly jumble of wires and large hole in the background. Luckily those are not noticeable from the living room because they are not at eye level.

2 comments:

michtay said...

Um...will you come decorate my house please??? You have skills my friend.

Kenzie said...

I love it! You should come decorate my house too! :)